Date: 8th July 2016; 2nd or 3rd Shawwal 1437;
Source: Nouman Ali Khan, www.Qurangarden.com; Anwar-Awlaki
ISLAMIC AL-JUMUAA REMINDER AND LEGACY GROUP (http://aljumaareminder.com/), contemplate and work on them!
Many Muslims after Ramadan normally go back to not submitting to Allah fully. This doesn’t apply to all Muslims but it is a fact which can’t be ignored. We have prepared the following facts for contemplation which we have gathered from various people. It would be in your best interest to go through them:
CONTEMPLATE ON THE RELEASE OF GOG AND MAGOG & THESE PARABLES
PARABLE 1: GOG AND MAGOG HAVE ALREADY BEEN RELEASED [IARLG]
“Inna” [an Arabic word] which means “no doubt” talks to people who might be doubtful and hence the word exists to remove doubt. Inna can also be translated to be “Verily”. Explore, the Quran; every time the word “Inna” is used, it is to remove doubts, mainly to remove the doubts of the majority who are in doubt.
- For example by looking at mankind working in a beer company, you might see that they are fine and making jokes. Allah in (Qur’an 103:1-3) first swears by time and uses the word “Verily” to inform us that mankind is in loss. This is not what you see though, but the fact that mankind is in utter loss is the truth. The conditions of not being in loss are outlined in the 3rd
- Another example is found in (Qur’an 3:19), where Allah says, “Verily, the religion with Allah is Islam..”. Many people don’t believe and know this fact and that is why the word “Inna = Verily” is used. A small percentage of mankind are Muslims and from those Muslims a small percentage practice the true Islam. May Allah make us from true Muslims who will not be in Hell because our Prophet (SAW) informed us that Islam will split into 73 sects and 72 sects are in the fire.
- The last example from us is found in (Qur’an 8:48) where Satan uses the word “Verily” several times. The 1st time is to remove the doubts of the ones he is misleading. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th time is used while betraying them by saying, “Verily, I have nothing to do with you. Verily, I see what you see not. Verily, I fear Allah for Allah is Severe in punishment.” The “Verily” that was used the 2nd time was used to cancel out the 1st time “Verily” was used. The 3rd and 4th time, the word “Verily” was used by Satan was to point out his fear for Allah and His punishment. [Many people don’t know Satan fears Allah and His punishment.]
Now let us contemplate:
They said, “O Dhul-Qarnain! Verily, Ya ‘juj and Ma ‘juj (Gog and Magog) are doing great mischief in the land…(Qur’an 18:94)
Why was the, “Inna = Verily” used? Do you see that they had to use the word, “Verily” while communicating with Dhul-Qarnain to convince him that Gog and Magog really are causing mischief in the land? Gog and Magog’s mischief is so subtle you might never notice it unless Allah guides you. Without deep thought and analysis, it would seem that they are not doing mischief and are just normal people but that is not the case considering that they are truly doing mischief.
Gog & Magog have already been released but if you don’t know what mischief is; then how about trying to learn what it is through the Quran. Mischief includes:
- Sorcery [see(Qur’an 10:81)]
- Not giving just measure and weight and withholding from the people things which are their due along with other evils [see (Qur’an 11:85)];
- Stealing [see (Qur’an 12:73)];
- Rejecting Allah (e. the Quran and Sunnah), threatening and hinder men from the Path of Allah (eg by putting man made constitutions and labeling all Muslims as mischief makers or terrorists) and seeking to make it crooked. [see (Qur’an 7:86), (Qur’an 16:88)];
- Materialism and extravagance [see (Qur’an 26:151-152), (Qur’an 28:77)];
- Allowing the practice of homosexuality [see (Qur’an 29:29-30)]; and Hypocrisy [see (Qur’an 2:11-12), (Qur’an 9:47)];
- Breaking family ties [see (Qur’an 2:27), (Qur’an 47:22)]; making Muslims into sects and hence causing great mischief [see (Qur’an 8:73)]
- Destruction of crops and cattle [see (Qur’an 2:205)]
- Killing [see (Qur’an 5:32)] and much more
Have no doubts that Gog and Magog are doing all the above simultaneously but you just haven’t noticed it. Or maybe you have noticed but have not yet realized how big these mischiefs really are. We are currently working on a series to expose the mischief of sorcery then we will In Shaa Allah in future move on to explain the mischief found in (Qur’an 11:85) and (Qur’an 12:73) extensively In Shaa Allah.
Furthermore, many people who hold the opinion that Gog & Magog will only go around killing people are assuming that killing is the greatest mischief. But killing is not the greatest mischief one can do. Attributing killing as the only greatest mischief to Gog and Magog is in fact underrating the great mischief that Gog & Magog are capable of doing. Yes, they do kill here and there but not openly and directly.
…And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing…(Qur’an 2:191)
Allah informs us that Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. Gog & Magog are masterminds of subtly creating Fitnah (temptation, civil strife, sedition etc) from behind the scenes. It is because they cause these Fitnahs subtly that Dhul-Qarnain needed to be told, “Verily, Gog and Magog are doing great mischief in the land..”
Until, when Ya ‘juj and Ma ‘juj (Gog and Magog) are let loose (from their barrier), and they swoop down from every mound. (Qur’an 21:96)
And [when] the true promise shall draw near then you shall see the eyes of the disbelievers fixedly staring in horror. (They will say): “Woe to us! We were indeed heedless of this – nay, but we were Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers).” (Qur’an 21:97)
The situation in (Qur’an 21:96-97) depicts what we have explained. We don’t know what the true promise is for now but what we do know is that the disbelievers will say, “Woe to us! We were indeed heedless of this – nay, but we were Zalimun.” This means that all their lives they didn’t realize that Gog and Magog were released as shown in (Qur’an 21:96). The word “wa=and” connects the 96th and 97th Ayat to show that they follow each other. The word heedless also refers to the ones who were told that they were released but didn’t care and hence they assisted in the corruption of Gog and Magog without knowing it.
Gog and Magog have already been released as we pointed out in our previous articles which can be read and downloaded via the links below:
PARABLE 2: HEAVENS AND EARTH WERE NOT CREATED FOR MERE PLAY [www.qurangarden.com]
And We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them without purpose! That is the consideration of those who disbelieve! Then woe to those who disbelieve from the Fire! (Qur’an 38:27)
How do you know if a person is tall? You know this if he is taller than an average person, right. How do you know that the earth is small? You compare it with what’s out there. Compare it with the sun, the Milky Way and other stars to know Allah’s power.
We can’t even see beyond the 1st heaven [which is filled with stars], this means we can never contemplate beyond the 1st heaven except what we know from the Quran and Sunnah. This creation of the heavens and earth was easy for Allah.
And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six Days and nothing of fatigue touched Us. (Qur’an 50:38)
And We created not the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, for mere play. We created them not except with truth, but most of them know not. (Qur’an 44:39)
The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not. (Qur’an 40:57)
PARABLE 3: THE SEVERITY OF ALLAH’S PUNISHMENT [www.qurangarden.com]
How painful will it be if a baby hits you with all his might? Will it hurt? How about a heavy weight champion hitting you with all his might?
How about Allah punishing you Severely as is stated many times in the Quran? Since Allah is the All-Mighty, Ever-Lasting, it would make much more sense if His punishment would last forever and for every moment the pain should be continuing to increase.
From all this, you can better understand the Ayats below on the Day of judgement:
So on that Day, none will punish as He will punish. And none will bind as He will bind. (Qur’an 89:26-27)
So taste you (the results of your evil actions); no increase shall We give you, except in torment. (Qur’an 78:30)
PARABLE 4: IT IS BETTER TO FOLLOW ALLAH’S REVELATIONS [www.qurangarden.com]
Think about a car which has been made by Japanese. He instructs you to put diesel in the car and not to remove any of the four tyres. He warns you not to put petrol since that will damage the engine. Being the genius that you are; you remove all the tyres and put petrol in the car despite the warnings given. Will the car work? Of course it won’t work.
Then why do ignore the instructions of being on the earth given to us by the Creator of the earth. Allah made this world and has given us instructions for us to follow. If we don’t follow His Revelations, will we resemble the so called genius who put petrol in the diesel car and removed the tyres?
See how We prefer one above another (in this world) and verily, the Hereafter will be greater in degrees and greater in preference. (Qur’an 17:21)
Allah has mentioned several times in the Quran that He has measured and proportioned the earth and has given us different levels of wealth and made us different nations. Allah made some of us poorer and some of us richer than others to test us and if we had followed Revelations then the richer would help the poorer but what happens instead.
And when it is said to them: “Spend of that which Allah has provided you,” those who disbelieve say to those who believe: “Shall we feed those whom, if Allah willed, He (Himself) would have fed? You are only in plain error.” (Qur’an 36:47)
PARABLE 5: LET US BE EQUAL
An authority has caught a notorious criminal that rapes, kills, and does many other notorious things. You being the best citizen in terms of manners are suddenly called by that authority that caught the criminal.
The authority announces to the public that he will treat you and the criminal the same way. You start to panic:
- Will the authority give you the punishment that the criminal is supposed to get? That is not fair.
- Or will the authority also give the criminal the noble prize of best citizen despite his crimes? That is also not fair.
Do you see how impossible this is? Allah is the most just; imagine if Allah agreed with the judgement of this authority:
- You would complain in Paradise that you did all the good work and are in the same level with the criminal.
- You would complain in Hell that you did all the good work and are in the same level with the criminal.
In short you would say that Allah is unjust. But that is not true! [Is not Allah the Best of judges? (Qur’an 95:8)]
[Shua’ib saying]…Our Lord ! Judge between us and our people in truth, for You are the Best of those who give judgement.” (Qur’an 7:89)
Shall We treat those who believe and do righteous good deeds, as Mufsidun (those who associate partners in worship with Allah and commit crimes) on earth? Or shall We treat the Pious as the Fujjar (criminals, disbelievers, wicked etc)? (Qur’an 38:28)
PARABLE 6: ENJOY DOING EVIL THEN BAAM [Nouman Ali Khan]
A very naughty dog is misbehaving on a short leash tied to a tree. Every time the dog wants to run off ignoring that it is on a leash. It has been told several times it is on a leash and to behave. What do you do to give this dog a lesson? You give it a very long leash, then as expected, it starts running and running thinking it is so free. It is feeling the cool breeze then suddenly the chain yanks his neck. This is much more painful for the dog than if it was not running at full speed.
Think! If We do let them enjoy for years, and afterwards comes to them that (punishment) which they had been promised! All that with which they used to enjoy shall not avail them. (Qur’an 26:205-207)
And let not the disbelievers think that Our postponing of their punishment is good for them. We postpone the punishment only so that they may increase in sinfulness. And for them is a disgracing torment. (Qur’an 3:178)
PARABLE 7: DON’T UNDERESTIMATE PRAYING TO ALLAH [Anwar Awlaki]
The only commandment that was given directly to some of the Prophets with no one in between must have been prayer.
Those Messengers! We preferred some to others; to some of them Allah spoke (directly); others He raised to degrees (of honour)….(Qur’an 2:253)
Allah spoke directly to Musa and Prophet Muhammad (SAW) with no one in between to tell them to establish As-Salat (prayer). Allah commanded to Musa to establish prayer in (Qur’an 20:14). Prophet Muhammad (SAW) went above the seven heavens and beyond a level that even the leader of the angels Jibrael (Gabriel) could not go. All this was done just to receive the order to establish prayer. This is how important prayer is and yet not many people establish it.
Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat (prayers) [made their Salat to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell. (Qur’an 19:59)
“What has caused you to enter Hell?” They will say: “We were not of those who used to offer their Salat (prayers), (Qur’an 74:42-43)
Say (O Muhammad SAW): “My Lord pays attention to you only because of your invocation to Him. But now you have indeed denied (Him). So the torment will be yours forever.” (Qur’an 25:77)
Next week we will In Shaa Allah continue with our one page reminders [Magician’s series].124 - IARLG - CONTEMPLATE ON THE RELEASE OF GOG AND MAGOG & THESE PARABLES; Date 8th July 2016; 2nd or 3rd Shawwal 1437 (73 downloads)
- IARLG - Articles 1 to 57 (285 downloads)
- IARLG - Articles 58-66, 72-73, 81-82, 93-108, 110-112 & 121-122 (280 downloads)
- IARLG - Updated - YA’JUJ AND MA’JUJ (GOG AND MAGOG) – Articles 83-92, 109, 124, 139-146 (256 downloads)
- IARLG - Jinns & Magicians – Articles 67-71, 74-80, 113-120, 123, 125-136 (264 downloads)