Date: 13th January 2017; 7th or 8th Rabi-Al-Thani 1438;
ISLAMIC AL-JUMUAA REMINDER AND LEGACY GROUP, (http://aljumaareminder.com/), exploring some Gems in the Qur’an:
SOME GEMS IN THE QURAN: What comes first, Children and Poverty & Your life summarized in one Ayah
PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS MENTIONED FIRST AND WHAT FOLLOWS
- Cut off (from the wrist joint) the (right) hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed, a punishment by way of example from Allah. And Allah is All-Powerful, All-Wise. (Qur’an 5:38)
From (Qur’an 5:38) we see that the male is mentioned first then followed by the female. This is because by statistics it is men who are more likely to steal than women. That is why you hear some people prefer hiring women because they are less likely to steal. If you think we are being unfair to the men then look at the statistics from jails and from other sources which show crimes taking place and you will realize it is almost always males who are involved in theft crimes. Now do you understand why the male is mentioned first in (Qur’an 5:38)?
- The woman and the man guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, flog each of them with a hundred stripes….(Qur’an 24:2)
From (Qur’an 24:2) we see that the woman is mentioned first then followed by the man. This is because by statistics it is normally the women who initiate the possibility of illegal sexual intercourse more than men. They dress inappropriately and this applies even to many of those women who are already married. Furthermore the number of female prostitutes far exceeds that of male prostitutes. Women who work in the pornography industry are paid more than males and are more popular than the males because the biggest watchers of porn are men. The pornography industry invests more in women because their biggest clients are males. Now do you understand why the female is mentioned first in (Qur’an 24:2)?
- (Jinns saying) ‘And verily, we thought that men (insu) and jinns would not utter a lie against Allah.’ (Qur’an 72:5)
From (Qur’an 72:5) we see that men are mentioned first followed by jinns. Jinns are more likely to lie more than men. This is why when the jinns were expressing their shock about the lie uttered; they thought men were more truthful than jinn and that is why in their shock they mention men first then followed by their fellow jinns whom they knew were liars. Now do you understand why men (insu) were mentioned first in (Qur’an 72:5)?
- “Who whispers in the breasts of mankind, of jinns and mankind.” (Qur’an 114:5-6)
From (Qur’an 114:5-6) we see that jinns are mentioned first followed by mankind. Jinns are responsible for more whisperings than men. Just think about it; mankind may be able to go through a whole day without whispering in any breast of mankind unlike jinns (especially Qarins) who constantly do so every day. Now do you understand why jinns were mentioned first in (Qur’an 114:6)?
- And those who disbelieve will say: “Our Lord! Show us those among jinns and men (insu) who led us astray, we shall crush them under our feet, so that they become the lowest.” (Qur’an 41:29)
From (Qur’an 41:29) we see that jinns are mentioned first followed by men (insu). Jinns normally mislead fellow jinns and men more than men. Just think about it; Satan (Iblis) who is from their ranks (jinns) is working hard to deceive both men and jinns while we have no human who is necessarily trying to deceive the jinns. There are humans who deceive humans but that is still by a large percentage the hard word of a jinn or jinns. That is why on the Day of Judgement people will want to crush the jinns (primary villains) followed by the men (secondary villains). Now do you understand why jinns were mentioned first in (Qur’an 41:29)?
CHILDREN AND POVERTY (Source: Nouman Ali Khan)
…kill not your children because of poverty – We provide sustenance for you and for them….(Qur’an 6:151)
And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin. (Qur’an 17:31)
It seems like it’s the same thing. But it’s not;
In (Qur’an 6:151): - it is describing a situation where poverty already exists. At this time the parents are more worried about feeding themselves the most so Allah assures the parents that He provides for them and the child/children [to come] or [already present].
In (Qur’an 17:31): - it is describing a situation where there is a fear of poverty in the future because of the coming/existence of the child/children. The parents may be able to feed themselves, but they fear for the providing of their child/children. The parents worry and fear if they provide for the child/children they will become poorer. So Allah reassures them that He provides for the child/children first then Allah goes on to mention that He provides for the parents.
Summary: Each child comes with his/her own rizk (provision). Allah may plan for the provision to reach the child via their parents or via other people/sources. Eg a parent may suddenly have an increase in his salary and in this manner the child’s provision was placed in the father who would of course use it on the child.
YOUR LIFE SUMMARIZED IN ONE AYAH (From the book Qur’an–the Linguistic Miracle Book,pg 62/155 found from linguisticmiracle.com)
Know that the life of this world is only play (la’ib) and amusement (lahw) pomp/beauty (zeenah) and mutual boasting among you (tafaakhur), and Rivalry in respect of wealth and children. (It is) as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tillers; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers & evildoers), and (there is) forgiveness from Allâh and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers). And the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment. (Qur’an 57:20)
This one verse concisely summarizes and sums up our entire lives. Consider our lives:
1) We start as toddlers. This verse starts with play (la`ibun), which is what toddlers are engrossed in, it’s most important to them.
2) Then when we get a little older we need entertainment to keep us busy – amusement (lahwun).
3) A little later in our teens we are obsessed with pomp, or appearance and how beautiful/attractive things look (zeenatun).
4) Then as we get independent and make money we deal with urges to show off (boasting – tafaakhur).
5) Then we get married and have kids (rivalry in wealth and children – takaathur fi al-amwaal wa al-aulaad).
In just a few words (around 8 words), Allah has compressed our entire thought process throughout our lives! This is one form of Literary Gems from the Quran – Direct & Specific speech, when describing extremely complicated aspects.151 - IARLG - SOME GEMS IN THE QURAN; What comes first, Children and Poverty & Your life summarized in one Ayah ; Date 13th January 2017; 14th or 15th Rabi-Al-Thani 1438 (27 downloads)
- IARLG - Articles 1 to 57 (285 downloads)
- IARLG - Articles 58-66, 72-73, 81-82, 93-108, 110-112 & 121-122 (280 downloads)
- IARLG - Updated - YA’JUJ AND MA’JUJ (GOG AND MAGOG) – Articles 83-92, 109, 124, 139-146 (256 downloads)
- IARLG - Jinns & Magicians – Articles 67-71, 74-80, 113-120, 123, 125-136 (264 downloads)