Date: 22nd July 2016; 16th or 17th Shawwal 1437;
ISLAMIC AL-JUMUAA REMINDER AND LEGACY GROUP, (http://aljumaareminder.com/),exposing of street/performance magicians
MAGICIANS – Part 7 – Performance Magicians (2 out of ?)
In the previous article we learned that a magician nowadays can either be one who uses jinns/demons or the one who uses tricks to fool people. The real magician mentioned in the Quran and Sahih Hadith is the one who works with jinns/demons in performing his tricks while the one self-proclaimed magician who doesn’t use demons is what we have chose to call “demonless trickster”.
We are not going to focus on demonless tricksters; we only wanted to identify them and remove them from the term magician. From now on, please know that magicians are the ones who work with jinns and have contracts with them. Those demonless tricksters who call themselves magicians and don’t work with jinns/demons are not the ones we will be exposing.
We will focus on exposing magicians because it is our duty and responsibility as Muslims to reduce the amount of shirk to whatever amount Allah wills for us. We will be grateful even if Allah grants us the ability and chooses our work to reduce at least even 0.5% [or less] of shirk in this world. We will do this even if no one reads our work because our duty is only to convey. On the Day of Resurrection there will be some Prophets who will come with no followers at all but since they have no followers doesn’t mean they will not be rewarded. It is from these Prophets we get our drive to continue regardless of whether people read or don’t read these articles. We are going to use the Quran and Sunnah to expose these magicians. The Quran is an exposition of everything.The Quran in multiple places urges us obey and follow Prophet Muhammad (SAW) which means following his Sunnah which can be found in Hadiths.
…We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered. (Qur’an 6:38)
…And We have sent down to you the Book (the Quran) as an exposition of everything, a guidance, a mercy, and glad tidings for those who have submitted themselves (to Allah as Muslims). (Qur’an 16:89)
And indeed We have fully explained to mankind, in this Quran, every kind of similitude, but most mankind refuse (the truth and accept nothing) but disbelief. (Qur’an 17:89)
Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): “If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur’an and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” Say (O Muhammad SAW): “Obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW).” But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers. (Qur’an 3:31-32)
Now let us remind ourselves from our quote in our 2nd article about magicians, “Believe it or not; magic is falsehood. It is just the magician using the skills of the jinns at his disposal to carry out his dirty work.” Let us look at these other points we pointed out in our 2nd article:
- The magicians Pharaoh summoned were the best. (See Quran 7:111-112; 10:79; 26:36-37)
- Allah says the Magicians performed a great Magic (See Quran 7:116). Pounder on this; Allah sent the angels Harut and Marut to teach people magic and through the generations it reached the magicians of Pharaoh. The magicians do their sorcery and Allah calls it great meaning they were experts of what they were not supposed to learn.
- We learn further in (See Quran 7:116) that they just bewitched the eyes of the people. Bewitch means to cast a spell on and gain control over (someone) by magic; and in (Quran 20:66) the words, “appeared to him” all show that magicians can’t create anything.
- You might have fear like the way Musa had fear (See Quran 20:67), but it would only be a temporary short fear that doesn’t even show.
- (See Quran 20:72); this further proves that magic is just trickery and fake when the magicians told Pharaoh that “We prefer you not over the clear signs that have come to us, and to Him (Allah) Who created us…”. They knew they and the jinns can’t create anything and that is why they called the miracle they witnessed ‘clear signs’.
Let us take (Qur’an 20:69) to further prove the fakeness of these magicians. We will look at the vocabulary “sanaoo” which can mean made/faked/manufactured and the word “kaydu” which can mean trick/plot/plan. The other word “sahirin” means magician.
“And throw that which is in your right hand! It will swallow up that which they have made. That which they have made is only a magician’s trick, and the magician will never be successful, no matter whatever amount (of skill) he may attain.” (Qur’an 20:69)
- (See Quran 20:69:9). Allah here explains to us as he explained to Musa that which they made/faked/manufactured was only a magician’s trick. They didn’t create anything. The word “sanaoo” can mean made/faked/manufactured; all what they did can be explained. For example if someone brings you ice and heats it so that it becomes water, would you be surprised? If he heats that water further to become vapor would you be surprised? If he cools that vapor to water and further back to ice would you be surprised? Once you see through their tricks you will understand and not be impressed by this foolishness called Magic. This word “sanaoo” has been used in many other Ayats in different forms but sticks to the meanings above.
- (See Quran 20:69:10). The word “kaydu” in this Ayat has also been used in the same form in (Qur’an 40:25:15) and even (Qur’an 40:37:19). It appears in many other forms throughout the Quran for example it appears also in (Qur’an 86:15:3) and (Qur’an 86:16:2).
- (See Quran 20:69:11). The word “sahirin” means magician
Now let us sum up the lessons. The magicians made up a plot/trick. A plot is a secret plan or scheme to accomplish some purpose. A trick is a cunning or skillful act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone. Allah Himself is letting us know that the magicians and the jinns they are working with are just doing tricks which basically is falsehood.
“Believe it or not; magic is falsehood. It is just the magician using the skills of the jinns at his disposal to carry out his dirty work.”
As we proceed and expose these magicians, you will understand much more when we give you the following advises. These advices are necessary because some people think highly about magicians. Just from the Quran alone you can verify that the following advices we listed here below are true and sincere:
- Never believe that magicians and the jinns they are working with can create anything.
- Never believe that magicians and the jinns they are working with know the unseen.
- Never believe that magicians and the jinns they are working with are stronger than Allah, they have their limits.
- Never believe that magicians and the jinns they are working with can give life or can cause death.
- Never believe that magicians and the jinns they are working with can escape death.
- Never believe that magicians and the jinns they are working with will be successful.
Now that we have covered the basics, we will begin next week In Shaa Allah by exposing the so called supernatural events performed by these magicians and jinns. Once you understand the abilities of the jinns, you will be able to deduce the so-called amazing magic (tricks/falsehood) of the magician In Shaa Allah.126 - IARLG - MAGICIANS - Part 7 – Performance Magicians (2 out of X); Date 22nd July 2016; 16th or 17th Shawwal 1437 (70 downloads)
- IARLG - Articles 1 to 57 (355 downloads)
- IARLG - Articles 58-66, 72-73, 81-82, 93-108, 110-112 & 121-122 (348 downloads)
- IARLG - Updated - YA’JUJ AND MA’JUJ (GOG AND MAGOG) – Articles 83-92, 109, 124, 139-146 (347 downloads)
- IARLG - Jinns & Magicians – Articles 67-71, 74-80, 113-120, 123, 125-136 (347 downloads)